Meet Elaine Jackson
Founder, Managing Director, Industry Consultant, Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
0418 490 814
Elaine has over 30+ years’ experience in the human services industry. She has worked as a social worker for many years in Australia and the UK prior to undertaking senior management roles that vary from service delivery operations to strategic policy and business development and innovations.
Elaine has worked in a range of social policy portfolios including the early years (including child care and specialist children’s services), youth and family services, youth homelessness services, child protection, placement and support, juvenile justice, disability, and ageing. Elaine worked in these portfolios for Local, State and Australian governments and not-for-profit sector.
Between 2006 and 2017, Elaine worked as an independent consultant/contractor and established a boutique management consulting practice specialising in the health and community services sector. During this period, she provided advice and support to all levels of government on project initiatives to optimise client outcomes, as well as supporting the not-for-profit sector to improve the ways they manage and deliver services to clients.
During this period, Elaine held a non-executive directorship for a property company, and previously, was a member of the Community Advisory Committee for the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital.
Since 2017, Elaine has been the Managing Director and founder of Spectrum Clarity – supporting parents of children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. Spectrum Clarity was a team of Accredited Mental Health Social Workers to help parents navigate the service system, largely the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). In addition, Spectrum Clarity was a Registered Provider in the area of Support Coordination and Specialist Support Coordination.
Elaine’s qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Social Work (Phillip Institute of Technology)
- Certificate in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy – Communication with Children (Tavistock Clinic, London, England)
- Graduate Diploma in Christian Studies (Regent College, Vancouver, Canada)
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy and Management (Monash University, Melbourne, Australia)
- Master of Business Administration (Monash University, Melbourne, Australia)
We will help to ‘demystify’ the system and hopefully reduce some of the stress and anxiety.
During this four-year period, Spectrum Clarity has achieved some amazing results. These include:
- As a start-up business opening 1 July 2017, we have seen approximately 400 clients.
- We have a 100% track record for winning appeals, these include both access appeals and NDIS appeals, often resulting in a substantial increase in NDIS Plans.
- All NDIS appeals have been won, often resulting in a substantial increase in NDIS Plans.
- Quality accreditation achieving benchmarks of exceeding standards both at initial audit and again at the mid-cycle audit.
- Support Coordination – Spectrum Clarity has been the market leader in paediatric autism services, largely attributable to a workforce of Accredited Mental Health Social Workers. Our teams qualifications exceed most of the Support Coordination workforce currently available in the market. Our practice is underpinned by evidence-based practice, with constant renewal and upgrading through professional development activities on an annual basis. This has been accompanied by Elaine’s (Spectrum Clarity Owner) personal lived experience of her son’s diagnosis of ASD.
Consulting projects examples:
Service model for children utilising early intervention services (ECIS).
Working with a Steering Committee of a membership base representing government and the not-for-profit sector to develop a service model for the delivery of early intervention services to families and children with a disability and/or developmental delay. This project included a local, national and international literature review, community consultation – all to inform the development of evidence -base service model that would better position the region to meet child and family outcomes.
Policy and Information Manual
Developing and writing a Policy and Information Framework to support the operations of a disability organisation, in a trial site of the NDIS, to ensure the organisation is operating within relevant legislation and a consumer-market driven environment.
As a result of this work, this led to three further engagements by large not-for-profit organisations.
Healthy Ageing Strategic Plan
Literature review, data analysis and community consultation to support the development of the Healthy Ageing Strategic Plan for a local government authority.
Finalise the development of the Industry Plan for the disability sector.
Undertake verification consultations to the draft Plan which resulted in a full re-write and subsequently endorsed by the Minister for Community Services. (This project was commissioned by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services).
Feasibility of Disability Advisory Council (DAC)
Literature review, benchmarking and community consultation regarding the establishment of a DAC in a local government authority, which was the first DAC for a local government authority.
Review of a leadership program to enhance the skills of the community sector.
Review of the Community On-Board program to ensure its’ relevancy to the target audience, through benchmarking and community consultation for a local government authority.
Integrated oral health service delivery platform.
Working with three community health centres to define an integrated oral health service delivery platform to better utilise the dental health workforce and to reduce dental waiting times.
Development of an evidence-based service model to engage at risk youth to attend school.
Working with the Board of Management and staff to develop and implement an evidence base social and educational program targeted to young people aged 11 to 13.5 years who are at risk of being disengaged from mainstream education.
Strategic Plan for a co-located youth centre.
Working with the Board of Management to develop the inaugural strategic business and marketing plan.