NDIS – You’ve had your planning meeting, what next?
NDIS – After Your Planning Meeting ….
Once you have had your planning conversation with us, a number of things will happen so you can put your plan into action and start receiving your support funding.
The plan you discussed needs to be formally approved by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
In some cases the person you had your planning conversation with will be able to approve the plan, while in other cases they will send the draft plan to a colleague who will review and approve the plan.
Once your plan is approved, we’ll send you a welcome pack which includes:
• A copy of your approved plan either by email or in the post.
• A letter outlining any decisions made by the NDIA when approving your plan.
• Fact sheets about the NDIS and how to start your plan.
If your circumstances have changed and believe your plan no longer meets your needs, or you disagree with what has been approved, you may request a review. The process for this will be explained in your welcome pack.
If there is anything in your plan or the letter you don’t understand, you can contact the NDIA.
Once you receive your plan, we’ll then help you put it into action.
The NDIA will call you to talk you through how to get started. As part of this call they will guide you through two things you’ll need to set up online so you can access your NDIS funding.
1. Creating a myGov account if you haven’t done so already
2. Linking your myGov account to the NDIS Myplace Participant Portal.